To configurate the settings on theBLHeli_s you need a flashing tool, the one I used is the Arduino Mega 2560 and it seems to be the only one that works. You also need a computer and a cable to connect the flashing tool to your computer and two male to male wires.
Here are the steps you need to take to flash your esc:
- Connect your flashing tool to your computer.
- Download https://www.mediafire.com/folder/dx6kfaasyo24l/BLHeliSuite unfortunately BLHeliSuite isn’t available for macOS or Linux so don’t try downloading the BLheliSuite 32 because it isn’t compatible for BLHeli_s.
- Extract the zip file into your downloads(it doesn’t matter where).
- Run the executable BLHeliSuite.exe as administrator.
- Now go to the make interfaces tab and select Arduino mega 2560(depending on your Arduino).
- Make sure your com port is connected up to the Arduino mega and click Arduino 4way-interface you should see some messages, click ok.
- Now connect the ground wire of the esc to the ground output of the Arduino mega with one of the male to male wires and connect the other input to pin 51 on the Arduino mega. Make sure you chose pin 51.
- Now connect the esc to a battery, Make sure the ESC isn’t connected to the motor(I am pretty sure that delayed me for a while). Also make sure none of the wires are shorted.
- Go to “Select ATMEL / SILABS interface” and select the SILABS BLHeli Bootloader (4way-if).
- Then go to SILABS ESC Setup and select the right com port.
- Then press connect and wait you might see a message on your screen, click ok.
- Then press read setup it should say ESC#1 Setup Read Successfully.
- Then change the settings to your desire and press write setup it should say “Write ok”.