First 100m

Sebi couldn’t resist and insisted on testing our latest setup straight on Sunday. Battery fully charged, connectors connected, motors tested, what can go wrong? πŸ™‚

If you’ll look carefully, you’ll see that there is a passenger – a reward for engineers! πŸ˜‰

Considering some good testing place I decided that we’ll have no reservations and will be testing straight on a pavement going around our local shore. Sundays here are unfortunately making this spot favourable spots for ahem – Sunday walks, but who would worry about bit of audience. Also to get more support I called out for our local Redcliffe gang to provide us with some cover.

As you can see on a map above – our plan was to cover roughly 1km on a way there and back. However getting to the coast made me bit wonder about the actual weather conditions. So I checked BOM (Australian Bureau Of Meteorology) app on my mobile and took a screenshot.

Can you see that 22km/h wind there – combined with 24km/h gusts? It felt pretty much like that. Well, nothing like a bit of wind could turn us away from our plan. Sebi started warming up motors and also run his stop- watch.

And action!

Yep, one of vectors wasn’t mounted stiffly enough, but nothing what a bit of padding couldn’t fix. We’ve kept going! Luckily Robing kept taking more videos.

And the last one!

The last part is missing – the one when we lost a propeller. Anyway I think we’ve covered nice 100 meters before we had to stop for today.

I think that this is pretty result, taking that this was our first serious go and all those unforgiving weather conditions. Sebi wasn’t too happy, he’s been looking for more, but I think we did pretty well. We’ll make it happen next time! πŸ™‚

Huge thanks for a full gang for support and see you soon on another attempt. πŸ™‚

Leave a Reply