Site icon BBBlimp

Testing rig upgrade

Our plan to have a proper testing rig for our airship controller got hit by several issues. First – as it wasn’t the first priority, there was always a reason for not progress on its development. Second those rubber-bands I envisioned to keep it flying haven’t been reliable enough.

On a picture below you can see how that rubber rips in pieces when confronted with its copper wire attachment.

Thinking about it for a while I came with a plan to reuse some old copper tubes to create some more solid attachment mainly employing more surface together with doubling amount of rubber involved. As always I took few pictures to at least briefly document that process.

What’s not on pictures is that I’ve ended up struggling to push both rubber ends through that copper ring. Some really old memory of my father came with an idea of using just a common hand-soap to help it a bit and that did the trick! Thanks daddy!

Anyway, Sebi couldn’t resist to give it a proper go. 🙂

Sebi demonstrates power of all motors combined, so don’t forget to stay to the end! As always, let us know your ideas, any constructive comments are always welcome! 🙂

Exit mobile version