In continuation of the structure wiring as started here, we made some substantial progress over the weekend.
As you can see on pictures below, the rear beam wiring is now nicely done and all cables are wired through the upper connecting tube to the front where batteries and controller sits.
We also tried to do some testing to see it all working so Seb attached his RC controller, while all power lines were connected (6V battery set for servos and 2kW 25V PSU for motors).
While it looks wild, it did the job! Video below demonstrates our first RC controlled gimbal test (10% power only)!
… then it somehow stopped working so we did another one with lower powers, but that wasn’t that nice.
Also did a video showing all gimbols operating.