Jet-cart project is a culmination of our multiple projects including Thrusters, Gimbals, Propellers, Testing Rig and High-Capacity Battery ones. Started on its own in June 2021, its purpose was to allow design and testing of all our technologies developed in 2D, before moving into the 3D space. Project is now in its final phase where majority of goals were achieved, while there is still its potential for development in a future.
Project stretched over 6 months so far and all main goals were achieved:
- Robust design and assembly of a catamaran-structure resembling intended future airship
- Mounting all integral parts as intakes, gimbals, vectoring thrusts, batteries …
- Power bridge distribution design and test with up to 100A peak
- Power and signal cables wiring and their organisation
- Multiple connectors wiring, soldering and crumpling (XT-60, XT-90, Dupont, 3-pin power)
- Testing rig mounting points design and implementation
- Multiple field tests on 2km track
- Connecting RC controller to a Arduino and cart steering code development including strafing, reversing, assisted braking and acceleration
While being included through the others, the Jet-cart development process has been captured mainly in following posts:
GIMBAL ARM MK II
GIMBAL ARM MK I
FIRST JET-CART TEST!
DUAL SHOCK 2 REMOTE CONTROLLER FOR PS4
TEST #2 REPORT – WE MADE IT!
TEST #3 – STEADY IMPROVEMENTS IN A CORRECT DIRECTION